Conference registration is required for enrollment in field trips and short courses, with the exception of the More! Rocks in Your Head teacher program. See the Registration page for details on registration options. Save with Early Bird rates until August 16th!
Saturday, September 19, 2015
9:00 am – 3:30 pm
Houston Hilton Americas – Room 337 AB
Maximum 60 Participants
Cost: $50 per person (includes refreshments, lunch, and all course materials)
Instructor: Frank Love (Ecopetrol – America)
Geoscientists from International Exploration to those involved in field development have benefited from a better understanding of the regional or “Play Based” methodology. What is considered regional is scale independent, it can be applied to the field level, basin scale, or at the scale of South Atlantic margins. Regional play based exploration (PBE) is an industry best practice and a systematic approach to exploration which addresses the play elements of charge, reservoir, trap and seal. When properly applied, PBE fosters innovation and creativity. Since the method is scale independent, it can lead to improved basin scale exploration or field development.
This course will introduce the regional PBE methodology. In particular, the course focus will be on:
- Fundamentals of a Regional Project
- Regional verses Field Scale Insights and the path to Innovation
- Defining a Play: the vertical and lateral extents
- Understanding Basin Types and their impact on play types
- Petroleum Systems and Plays
- Common Risk Segment Maps and Play Definition
- Play Risk verses Prospect Risk
- Play Creation and moving from ideas, to discovery and production.
Breakfast, lunch, snacks, and all course materials will be provided.
<<Back to Short Course Overview