The Houston Geological Society’s NeoGeos Committee is sponsoring 20 individuals to attend a short course at GCAGS 2015 in Houston. The priority goes to GCAGS 2015 registered individuals in the following order:
(1) Recently laid-off young professionals
(2) Graduated students (with a graduate degree), who have not found a job yet
(3) Current students
(4) Employed young professionals
If you fall into one of these categories, please let the NeoGeos know ASAP via HGS.NeoGeos@gmail.com.
Deadline to RSVP: Wednesday, September 2nd, 10:00 am CST
When responding, your email template should read:
Subject: “GCAGS NeoGeos Sponsorship Request”
State of Employment: Employed YP (+ Company Name) / Recently-Unemployed YP / Graduated Student with Grad Degree / Current Student
Registered for GCAGS 2015? Yes/No
Short Course Choice 1
Short Course Choice 2
Short Course Choice 3
- Short Course #2: Gulf of Mexico Primer: Regional Overview of the U.S. Deep Water Gulf of Mexico
- Short Course #3: Introduction to Regional and Play-Based Exploration
- Short Course #4: Core Workshop: Woodbine Sand and Eagle Ford Shale
- Short Course #5: AAPG Imperial Barrel Award Competition Training (Students Only)
- Short Course #6: A User’s Guide to Exploration and Production Biostratigraphy
- Short Course #7: Handheld X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Chemostratigraphy – Theory and Application to Mudrock Drill Core and Cuttings
- Short Course #8: Introduction to Reservoir Fluid PVT Analysis for Geologists
For more information about conference registration: GCAGS Registration
The NeoGeos and GCAGS will review all requests, select 20 individuals based on the mentioned criteria, and inform them by September 9th.
We look forward to your participation.