What is the GCAGS?
- Alabama Geological Society
- Association Mexicana de Geologos Petroleros (AMGP)
- Austin Geological Society
- Baton Rouge Geological Society
- Corpus Christi Geological Society
- East Texas Geological Society
- Houston Geological Society
- Lafayette Geological Society
- Mississippi Geological Society
- New Orleans Geological Society
- Shreveport Geological Society
- South Texas Geological Society
- Southeastern Geological Society
GCAGS serves as the Gulf Coast Section of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG). GCAGS provides an organizational structure through which member societies may participate and be represented in the business of the AAPG.
GCAGS serves as a forum for the discussion and publication of papers on subjects concerning the geological profession as they relate to Gulf Coast area geology. Papers presented at the annual GCAGS convention are published in the annual Transactions of the Association.
GCAGS is a non-profit professional organization whose purposes are to foster education and the communication of ideas, and to provide financial support to geoscience students and faculty conducting research in the Gulf Coast region.
GCAGS is served by a Board of Directors composed of its officers and one representative from each member society. The Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer are nominated by the Executive Committee of the local society hosting the year’s annual meeting. GCAGS Officers assume their office at the conclusion of the annual convention which is held in September/October each year.
There are no dues.
Interested to learn the benefits of membership in GCAGS? Download the Benefits of GCAGS flyer.